Job Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Location: Hampshire, UK
Reporting to: Technical Manager, EMEA
Start Date: Immediate
Smartcool Systems are a leading energy saving, solutions specialist, they focus on delivering energy saving solutions to users of refrigeration equipment around the world. They are now looking for an Electrical Controls Engineer to join their existing UK Operations team. The successful candidate will be required to assist with the planning, physical installation and successful integration of the Smartcool energy saving module in applications across the UK.
- The successful deployment and integration electrical control systems to a diverse customer base.
- Physically conduct equipment installations, constructing panels, mounting enclosures, and performing electrical connections.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair to ensure correct operation.
- This role demands a level of project awareness from initial specification through to final customer acceptance to ensure best engineering practice is maintained.
- When required work from ladders, scaffold and on roof to install maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Work on single phase, 3 phase, AC and DC electrical power systems.
- The ideal candidate should be prepared and willing to travel internationally, and expect frequent travel in the UK.
Other responsibilities include:
- Generating of technical plant surveys.
- Liaise with all appropriate contractors involved in the manufacturing / installation process.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools.
- Assist with business support duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- The successful applicant will have a strong background in Electrical Engineering including operational experience of electrical machines, basic mechanical and electrical fitting, circuit / schematic diagram interpretation, and fault finding. Candidate would benefit from some supervisory experience.
- Recognized Engineering Qualification or relevant Apprenticeship along with relevant trade qualification.
- Fully conversant with control systems for mechanical plant installations.
- Practical proven experience of electrical system installation, setting to work, commissioning and fault finding on site is essential.
- Although not essential experience of working with refrigeration and hydraulic systems would be a distinct advantage.
- A confident self starter, able to plan and work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Up to £30,000 Salary depending on background and experience.
- Monday to Friday (average of 2 nights away/week)
- Challenging and varied working environment.
- 20 Days holiday. Plus Christmas/New Year closure and 8 Public Holidays.